Ignou BSW admission 2017 – The Indira Gandhi National Open University offers admission to Bachelor of Social Work programme in both January and July academic cycles.
It is a Bachelor Degree programme in Social work.This innovative programme has been developed by School of Social Work (SOSW).
The objective of this programme is to provide knowledge and develop understanding about various aspects of social work.This course is specially designed for those people who are interested in providing professional assistance to people in need.
The learners after doing this course can work in socially-relevant areas such as health care, community development, education, industry, counselling, family, correction, social defense, women, children, disability etc. Do, you want to know your Ignou BSW admission status.
IGNOU BSW Prospectus:
To apply for IGNOU BSW admission, the students can obtain the prospectus from their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre or it can be ordered online by paying fee in the form of Demand Draft. The DD has to be made in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi. It has to be send to Registrar (SR&E), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068. The IGNOU BSW prospectus can also be obtained from IGNOU ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE AND ASSAM RIFLES Recognised Regional Centres. or you can download it from university official website at www.ignou.ac.in. Also we have provided here the link to download IGNOU BSW Programme Guide.
The IGNOU BSW admission eligibility, programme duration and other conditions have been mentioned below :
- Medium of Instruction: The programme is available in both English and Hindi medium. So, students can choose any language for studying it and writing Term End Theory Examination.
- Admission Eligibility: The candidate seeking admission to this discipline should be having 10+2 or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU.
- Programme Fee : The total fee is Rs. 12,000/- which you need to pay @Rs.4000/- per year (Note: The University will keep changing the fee from time to time and one will have to find out the details from the Study Centre/Regional Centre.). The additional fee charges may apply as per University norms.
- Duration and Age Requirement,: The minimum duration required to complete for this programme is 3 years and the maximum duration for this course is 6 years. There is no minimum and maximum age required to take admission.
Note: The University may change the admission fee from time to time. So, we advise all the students to check out the latest admission prospectus for fee details or you may contact Study Centre/Regional Centre to confirm about the fee.
Important Links :
- IGNOU BSW Exam Form
- IGNOU BSW Grade Card
- IGNOU BSW Hall Ticket /Admit Card
- IGNOU BSW Result
- IGNOU BSW Solved Assignments
- IGNOU BSW Date sheet
IGNOU Bachelor of Social Wok Courses & Syllabus:
The IGNOU Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Social Work i.e. BSW has three major components:
- Foundation Courses: 24 Credits
- Elective Courses: 48 Credits
- Field Work (Practicum): 24 Credits
- Total Credits: 96
we have provided below the list of courses with their course code,course name and credits for all the three years:
IGNOU BSW First Year Courses
|FGT 1||Foundation Course in Gujarati||4|
|FKD-1||Foundation Course in Kannada||4|
|FML-1||Foundation Course in Malayalam||4|
|FMT-1||Foundation Course in Marathi||4|
|FOR-1||Foundation Course in Oriya||4|
|FPB-1||Foundation Course in Punjabi||4|
|FTM-1||Foundation Course in Tamil||4|
|FTG-1||Foundation Course in Telugu||4|
|FUD-1||Foundation Course in Urdu||4|
|FAS-01||Foundation Course in Assamese||8|
|FEG-1||Foundation Course in English-1||4|
|FHD-2||Foundation Course in Hindi-2||4|
|FEG-2||Foundation Course in English-2||4|
|FHD-1||Foundation Course in Hindi-1||4|
|FHS-1||Foundation Course IN Humanities AND Social Sciences||4|
|BSWE-001||Introduction to social Work||8|
|BSWL-001||Social Work Practicum-I (Practical)||0|
|FBG-1||Foundation Course in Bengali||4|
IGNOU BSW Second Year Courses
|FST-1||Foundation Course in Science and Technology||8|
|BSWE-002||Social Work Intervention with Individuals and Groups||8|
|BSWE-004||Introduction to Family Education||8|
|BSWL-002||Social Work Practicum-II (Practical)||8|
IGNOU BSW Third Year Courses
|BSWE-003||Social Work Intervention with communities and Institutions||8|
|BSWE-005||Introduction to HIV/AIDS||8|
|BSWE-006||Substance Abuse and Counselling||8|
|BSWL-003*||Social Work Practicum-III (Practical)||8|