IGNOU MA English Admission 2018
Ignou MA English admission 2018 – The Indira Gandhi National Open University offers admission to its Master of Arts in English programme in both January and July academic cycles. The code for this correspondence course is “MEG”.
The learners who wish to pursue their higher education in English via distance mode can apply for admission to MA English course via two methods. i.e. Offline and Online.
In the first method, the learner can visit their nearest Ignou Regional Centre and apply for admission. In the second one, the students can apply for admission by filling up Ignou online admission form.
This distance learning Master Degree in English Literature has been developed by Ignou School of Humanities (SOH).
The candidates who wish to apply for admission to correspondence MA English programme should visit the university website and check out the latest admission notification for January or July session.
In the latest admission notification, the candidates can check out the start date and last date of Ignou admission for January or July session.
To reach out rural and far flung areas, the university also publishes the Ignou MA English admission related advertisement in local daily newspapers as well.
IGNOU MA English Prospectus:
To apply for admission, it is necessary to obtain the prospectus which contains all the important information about the programme. We have provided below the different methods to obtain it:
- The applicants can obtain the prospectus from their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre by paying the prospectus fee of Rs.200/- at the sales counter in cash.
- They can also request the Student Handbook & Prospectus via a post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi to “Registrar, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068”.
- In both the above methods, the candidate will get the printed copy of prospectus but if you need a soft copy of the prospectus, then it can be downloaded from the official website at www.ignou.ac.in which is available in the form of “Common Prospectus”. It is available in the form of PDF file on the website which can be easily downloaded by learners.
- It can also be obtained from IGNOU ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE AND ASSAM RIFLES recognised Regional Centres.
Other Important Links:
- IGNOU MEG Grade Card
- IGNOU MEG Exam Form
- IGNOU MEG Admission Status
- IGNOU MEG Result
- IGNOU MEG Hall Ticket
- IGNOU MEG Solved Assignments
- The medium of Instruction: As this is an English course so it has only one medium of study and teaching i.e English.
- Eligibility: The candidate applying for admission to this programme must possess the Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from any recognized University.
- Fee: The candidate applying for admission needs to pay Rs. 10,800/- as total fee for 2 years. The fee will be paid @Rs. 5400/ year.
- Note: The University will keep changing the fee from time to time and one will have to find out the details from the Study Centre/Regional Centre.
- Duration: It must be completed within a minimum period of 2 Years and the maximum period of 5 years. There is no age limit.
Courses & Syllabus:
First Year Subjects
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MEG-04||Aspects of Language||8|
Second Year Subjects
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MEG-05||Literary Criticism and Theory||8|
|Optional Courses (The students has to select only three)|
|MEG-07||Indian English Literature||8|
|MEG-08||New Literatures in English||8|
|MEG-10||English Studies in India||8|
|MEG-12||A Survey Course in 20th Century Canadian Literature||8|
|MEG-14||Contemporary Indian Literature in English Translation||8|