Admission to IGNOU MA (Public Administration) (MPA) Programme:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University has introduced the master degree programme to pursue higher studies in the field of public administration.The IGNOU MA Public Administration programme has been designed with the aim to provide inclusive knowledge to the learners on the nature and relationship of State, Society and Administration. This programme will help in developing the conceptual faculties of the learners on various administrative theories, postulates, models, processes, methods, instruments, techniques, etc.
Admission Procedure : The university offers admission to this programme in both January and July academic cycles. The candidates can get the Prospectus from the Registrar (SR&E), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 and from Regional Centres, Study Centres, and IGNOU ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE AND ASSAM RIFLES Recognised Regional Centres. or you can download the common prospectus from the university official website : www.ignou.ac.in. The common prospectus contains the information about this programme.
The other details about this discipline are mentioned below:
- Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate should be having Bachelor’s degree or a higher degree from a recognised university.
- Programme Fees : The candidate need to pay Rs. 9,000/- for full programme which is to be paid year wise @Rs. 4,500/- per year.
- Programme Duration : The minimum duration to complete the degree is 2 years and the maximum duration is 5 years.
- Age Bar : There is no minimum and maximum age bar requirement to be fulfilled by the candidate.
IGNOU MA Public Administration (MPA) Courses :
IGNOU MA Public Administration First Year Courses
| MPA-011||State, Society and Public Administration|| 8|
| MPA-012|| Administrative Theory|| 8|
| MPA-013|| Public Systems Management|| 8|
| MPA-014|| Human Resource Management|| 8|
IGNOU MA Public Administration Second Year Courses
| MSO-002||Research Methodologies and Methods|| 8|
| MPS-003|| India: Democracy and Development|| 8|
| MPA-016||Decentralisation and Local Governance|| 8|
| MPA-015|| Public Policy and Analysis|| 8|
| MPA-017|| Electronic Governance|| 4|
| MPA-018|| Disaster Management -MPA-018|| 4|
| MPAP-002|| Project Work -MPAP-002|| 8|
Important Links :