IGNOU Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Course, Admission, Eligibility
The Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS) is a post-graduate professional programme. In other words, the basic admission requirement is that a candidate must possess a professional degree in Library and Information Science from any recognised university. It is a post graduate degree in Library and Information Science after a Professional Degree in that subject, and is of one year duration.
- The programme is available to the candidates who have BLIS Degree or its equivalent from any recognised university and similar institutions.
- Weightage will be given to the candidates having working experience in libraries, information centre or other related organisations.
For more information, Please contact the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre in your City
Course Fee: Rs. 9,000
The University will keep changing the fee from time to time and one will have to find out the details from the Study Centre/Regional Centre.
Additional fee charges may apply as per University norms
- Minimum Duration: 1 Years
- Maximum Duration: 4 Years
- Minimum Age: No bar
- Maximum Age: No bar
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MLI-101||Information, Communication And Society||4|
|MLII 101||Information Sources, Systems and Services||4|
|MLI-102||Management of Library And Information Centres||4|
|MLII 102||Information Processing and Retrieval||4|
|MLII 103||Fundamentals of Information Communication Technologies||4|
|MLII 104||Information Communication Technologies: Applications||4|
|Elective Courses (Choose any two only)|
|MLIE-101||Preservation and Conservation of Library Material||4|
|MLIE-103||Academic Library System||4|
|MLIE-105||Informatics and Scientometrics||4|
|MLIE-106||Public Library System and Services||4|
Important Links :
- IGNOU MLIS Term End Exam Form
- IGNOU MLIS Admission/Registration Status
- IGNOU MLIS Grade Card
- IGNOU MLIS Admission Form
- IGNOU MLIS Online Admission
- IGNOU Admit Card/Hall Ticket
- IGNOU Results
- IGNOU Assignments