IGNOU MA Anthropology Admission, IGNOU Masters in Anthropology (MAAN) Admission Eligibility:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has invited applications from students all over the country to get admission to its Master of Arts in Anthropology(MAAN) programme.The students can apply for admission in the MA Anthropology programme in any of the two sessions in a year. The university opens admission to its various
The university opens admission to its various programmes for January and July sessions every year. The students can get the Handbook and Prospectus for MA Anthropology programme admission from the nearest IGNOU Regional Centres / Study Centres for Rs. 200/-.
Also, You can obtain the prospectus from the Registrar (SR&E), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 and IGNOU ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE AND ASSAM RIFLES Recognised Regional Centres.
The other details about this discipline have been mentioned below:
- Admission Eligibility: The candidates seeking admission to IGNOU MAAN programme should be having Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from any recognised University i.e. he/ she should be graduate or post Graduate.
- Medium of Instructions: At present, this programme is only available in English medium.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs. 14,000/- which has to be paid @Rs.7000/- per year. (Additional fee charges may apply as per University norms)
- Duration: The minimum duration to complete the programme is 2 years and maximum duration allowed is 5years.
- Age Bar: There is no minimum or maximum age bar.
IGNOU MA(Anthropology) Courses & Syllabus: We have mentioned below the course code, course name, and their related credit.
IGNOU MAAN FIRST YEAR COURSES
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MANI-1||Anthropology and Methods of Research (Theory & Project)||8|
|MANI-2||Physical Anthropology (Theory & Practical)||8|
|MAN-1||Social Anthropology (Theory)||8|
|MAN-2||Archaeological Anthropology (Theory)||8|
IGNOU MAAN SECOND YEAR COURSES
|MANP-1||Field Work Dissertation||8|
|MANI-3||Practicing Anthropology (Theory & Practical)||8|
|Elective Courses (Choose any 2 only)|
|MANE-2||Human Growth and Development||8|
|MANE-4||Gender and Society||8|