IGNOU MSc Actuarial Science Admission, IGNOU M.Sc. Actuarial Science Eligibility Criteria, IGNOU M.Sc. Actuarial Science Programme Fee:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has announced admissions to MSc in Actuarial Science (MSCAS) on-campus full-time programme commencing from July 2011 session.The IGNOU MSc Actuarial Science prospectus can be obtained from the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre or it can be ordered online by paying a fee in the form of Demand Draft in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi and sending to Registrar (SR&E), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068. It can also be obtained from IGNOU ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE AND ASSAM RIFLES Recognised Regional Centres. or you can download IGNOU M.Sc. (Actuarial Science) Prospectus from the university official website. Related Post: IGNOU M.Com Admission, IGNOU MBA Admission
IGNOU M.Sc. Actuarial Science Programme Details:
The admission eligibility, programme duration and other conditions to take admission in this programme are mentioned below :
- Mode of Admission : The admission is done through Entrance Test.
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate seeking admission to MSCAS programme should qualify following eligibility conditions :-
- a) Graduate from a recognized University/Institute with Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Engineering and Technology as one of the main subject, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade for general candidates, and 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade for SC/ST candidates.
- Any other graduate from a recognised University/Institute with at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade for general candidates and 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade for SC/ST candidates. Further, the applicant should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at +2 level securing at least 60% marks.
- Candidates who have appeared in final year degree examination can also apply.
- Course Fee: Rs.20000/- per semester (Total Rs. 80, 000/-) (Note: The University will keep changing the fee from time to time and one will have to find out the details from the Study Centre/Regional Centre.)
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Duration of Programme : 2 Years
- Minimum Age: No bar, Maximum Age: No bar
Other Important Links:
IGNOU MSCAS Courses & Syllabus :
The IGNOU MSc Actuarial Science course details are mentioned below :-
|Course Code||Course Title||Nature of Course||Credits|
|MIA-002||Probability andMathematical Statistics||Theory||6|
|MIA-004||Finance and FinancialReporting||Theory||6|
|MIA-005||Stochastic Modeling andSurvival Models||Theory||6|
|MIAI-006||Access and AdvancedExcel||Integrated(Theory+Practical)||6|
|MIAI-007||Programming in C/C++ I||Integrated(Theory+Practical)||6|
|MIAI-008||Data Analysis using R||Integrated(Theory+Practical)||6|
|MIA-009||General Insurance, Life andHealth Contingencies||Theory||6|
|MIA-012||Actuarial Risk Management-1||Theory||6|
|MIA-013||Actuarial Risk Management-2||Theory||6|
Important Note: Dear students the Information about the courses provided here may not be up to date and therefore should not be treated as final . You are advised to check with the institution for the latest information in regard to the course.